Skutt Potter's Electric Wheels are the ultimate wheels for professional potters and schools. The POWER, DESIGN, & DURABILITY of our electric wheels is unmatched by any other wheel on the market today.
All Skutt Potter's Wheels are built on a heavy cast aluminum base that is powder coated for a durable, elegant, and easy to clean finish. Each wheel comes equipped with our special cast aluminum foot pedal with smooth action and precision control.
Continual duty motors are used on every Skutt Potter's Electric Wheel and our motors are almost twice the size of the standard peak rated motors that are used on most potter’s wheels. Two different 1/3hp wheels can produce a completely different amount of torque at the wheel head. The torque a wheel produces is the amount of power you have to center clay. Our 1/3hp motor puts out more torque than most competitors’ 1/2hp motors. All of our models are convincingly stronger than their counter parts.
• 14” twist and lift removable wheel head
drilled on 10” centers for bat pin systems.
Interchangeable cup head for drop in place plaster bats available.
• Reversing switch for changing motor direction.
• 6-groove drive belt for smooth, quiet and powerful performance.
• All important drive components are cushioned to eliminate vibration.
• Oversized legs to provide stable support while throwing.
• 2 year limited warranty.
Splash Pan Models:
The new one-piece splash pan design has a separate removable splash pan. Easily lift off the removable wheel head, and then remove the splash pan in one piece. This design is cleaner and easier to use than the standard two-piece splash pans on other wheels. It also surpasses typical round splash pan wheels with an expanded area for clay collection. It is offered in two different models:
Legend (1/3hp) model delivers power and professional performance at an affordable price. Designed for most studios and classrooms, this wheel centers more than 100 lbs. of clay with ease. Color: Royal Blue
Revolution (1/2hp) model offers more power with a 1/2hp motor. Clay throwing capacities exceed 150 lbs. Color: Royal Blue
Premier (1 hp) model offers more power with its large motor. Clay throwing capacities exceed 400 lbs., challenging you to push the limits of your imagination. Color: Royal Blue
The Skutt Potter's Kick Wheel
Built since 1970, Skutt Thomas Stuart Signature Series kick wheels are designed for maximum performance and durability. They are built to the highest standards of quality and meet the most stringent demands of both professional and amateur potters.
Some of the kick wheel’s distinctive characteristics:
- Bolt-together construction allows you to assemble the wheel in place, eliminating the difficulties of transporting the wheel around tight corners and stairways.
- The frame is made of rigid, rust proof, steel pipe. Its unique 4-point stance offers stability unmatched in the market today.
- The attached seat is completely adjustable; both forward and back, up and down, and is combined with adjustable footrests, making the Skutt Potter's wheel comfortable for potters of all sizes.
- The large tabletop and seat are made of selected plywood and are sealed with several coats of a marine varnish for lasting durability. There are anti-skid surfaces on both the footrests and the flywheel.
- A 140-pound flywheel allows the wheel head to spin much longer. It is accurately cast with two inches of concrete. Each flywheel is individually balanced for precision.
- The flywheel turns a standard 14" cast aluminum wheel head
- Four Year Limited Warranty
- Floor space: 34" x 37"
- Height: 31"
- Assembled weight: 210 lbs.
The cup head system can be interchanged with the wheel head for use with plaster bats that simply drop into place. These plaster bats can be made inexpensively with either the 12" or 16" mold.
The shaft extension raises the wheel head above the base for throwing or trimming oversized pots. Simply lift the wheel head off, place the shaft extension on the shaft & replace the wheel head. (Built-in splash pan models only)
The popular adjustable leg extensions easily convert any of our wheels into a stand up wheel by utilizing the unique cast aluminum clamp that attaches to the 2” pipe leg. These legs make the wheel infinitely adjustable to a maximum 30" in height.
Kick Wheel Options
The cast aluminum splash pan is designed to slip on and off with ease. It will provide support for resting hands and arms while throwing.
The bat mold system for the kick wheel incorporates strong plaster bats that are cast with pins protruding from the bats, rather than the wheel head. These pins fit into small holes drilled in the wheel head and are held in place without the use of slip. Simply tighten the ring mold around the wheel head and cast as many bats as you desire.
attachment has a 1/3 horsepower
motor, which is totally enclosed to prevent dust
from damaging its internal components. The drive
system features a rubber drive wheel, which contacts
the edge of the concrete flywheel. The motor
attachment contains an internal on/off switch that
is activated when pressure is applied to the foot
The motor attachment can be added to the wheel at any time without any modification.
2 year limited warranty
This universal potter's stand sits next to any wheel and holds clay, tools, pots, and ware boards.
- Metal parts are powder coated for durability and lasting finish.
- Shelves adjust to any height and lock into arms for extra support.
- All shelves and optional ware boards are made from a very strong, laminated aluminum.
- Add more shelves as needed for additional projects.
- One stand can be placed between two wheels, by adding shelves to both sides.
- Ships unassembled via UPS.
- Assembles in minutes with allen wrench.